The CPTC Board of Directors is pleased to announce that the upcoming 52ND ANNUAL CANADIAN POWER TOBOGGAN CHAMPIONSHIPS will be held March 1 & 2, 2014, when racers from all over North America compete on Beausejour’s half-mile ice oval, a track renowned for its speed and safety. Hot laps are scheduled for 9:00 a.m. both days with racing slated to get underway on Saturday and Sunday at 11:00 a.m.
We will also be holding KITTY KAT and 120 CLASSES for the kids. For more information, please click on the CPTC KIDS section in the lower left margin.
ONLINE REGISTRATION via the internet is NOW OPEN. Please be advised that DRIVER REGISTRATION CLOSES AT MIDNIGHT, WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2014. You will be charged a fee of $10 per class for any late registrations or changes.
DRIVER SIGN-IN will be held on FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2014 from 3:00 TO 7:00 P.M. at the CPTC PRESS BOOTH OFFICE. We look forward to seeing you there!
PRACTICE is scheduled for FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2014 between 10:00 A.M. AND NOON, and between 1:00 AND 3:00 P.M., weather permitting.
NEW THIS YEAR: CPTC will be adding $500 to each Vintage class, plus the usual 100% payback of entry fees, as long as there are a minimum of 10 entries in each Vintage class and the drivers race on both Saturday and Sunday. The added $500 per Vintage class will be paid back for the Sunday race only. The Jerry Bunke Cup will remain the same as in previous years.
ATTENTION FORMULA 500 DRIVERS: Sport Formula 500 is meant for novice drivers. Novice drivers can also enter Semi Pro Formula 500 BUT NOT Pro Formula 500.
Pro Formula 500 drivers CANNOT enter Sport Formula 500, BUT CAN enter Semi Pro Formula 500, unless they have been designated by CPTC as a professional driver, in which case they can ONLY enter Pro Formula 500.
IT IS MANDATORY THAT ALL RACERS REGISTER ONLINE FOR THEIR ISR NUMBER AT WWW.ISRRACING.ORG BEFORE COMPETING IN BEAUSEJOUR. A NUMBER WILL BE ASSIGNED FREE OF CHARGE TO EACH DRIVER AND IT TAKES JUST A COUPLE OF MINUTES. PLEASE BRING THIS NUMBER WITH YOU TO THE DRIVER SIGN-IN ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2014.
PLEASE REFER TO THE ISR RULE BOOK AVAILABLE ONLINE ON THE ISR WEBSITE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING DRIVER PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT RULES, ETC.
AMERICAN CITIZENS: Please make sure you have a valid passport in order to cross the Canada-US border.
ATTENTION ALL MINOR PARTICIPANTS AND THEIR PARENTS: Our insurance provider requires that ALL MINORS must have BOTH PARENTS sign a parental release form. In order to fulfill this requirement, please go to our insurance provider’s website by clicking on the following link: www.jbmotorsportinsurance.ca. Under “Resources” in the lower right-hand side of the page, click on “Waivers and Release Forms.” Then click on “English Parental Consent Form” and print this page. Have it signed by BOTH PARENTS, dated and witnessed. BRING THE COMPLETED FORM WITH YOU TO THE DRIVER SIGN-IN BEING HELD ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2014.
Thank you for your cooperation!
ADMISSION is $15 per adult, children 12 years and under, free. Trackside parking is $25 per vehicle and a Pit Pass is $5. We feature grandstand seating, free parking, heated concessions and washrooms, FM radio monitoring of the track announcer, warm-up buildings, beer garden with a live TV feed of the races, a snow hill for the kids, promo wear booth, an unrestricted view of the race track, and the very best Ice Oval Snowmobile Racing around!
SEE YOU AT THE RACES!
NOTE: Anyone wishing to order pictures from our Photo Gallery can do so by e-mailing Darryl Gershman at email@example.com.
DVDS FOR SALE: Anyone wishing to purchase professionally-produced DVDs of our races can contact Ken Hanson at (320) 808-0340 or by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014 - WINTER FAREWELL - SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2014:
- MOOSEWA POKER DERBY - CPTC RACEPLEX - 10:00 A.M.
- CRAFT SHOW - REC HALL - 10:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
- CRIB TOURNAMENT - ROYAL CANADIAN LEGION - 1:00 P.M.
- TEXAS HOLD’EM TOURNAMENT - HOWLAND HOTEL - 1:00 P.M.
- FAMILY FUNSKATE - CPTC RACEPLEX - 2:00 P.M.
- ROAD HOCKEY - ON THE TRACK - GOOD ‘OL SHINNY - ALL AGES - 2:00 P.M.
- TORCHLIGHT PARADE - MARSHALLING AT RACEPLEX - 6:00 P.M.
- ENTERTAINMENT AND DANCING - CPTC RACEPLEX MULTI-PURPOSE BUILDING AFTER THE TORCHLIGHT PARADE - FREE ADMISSION - 3:00 P.M. TO 11:00 P.M.
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24 TO FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2014 - 8:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M:
- VINTAGE SLED SHOW - MELNYK MOTORS
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2014:
- KARAOKE - BEAUSEJOUR HOTEL - 9:00 P.M.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2014:
- BINGO - ROYAL CANADIAN LEGION - 6:00 P.M.
- ADULT ENTERTAINMENT - BEAUSEJOUR HOTEL - 10:00 P.M.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2014:
- DRIVER AUTOGRAPHS - MELNYK MOTORS - 3:30 - 5:00 P.M. PRIZE DRAW FOR RACE PASSES
- CHILI COOK-OFF CONTEST - THE SIZZLING POT - 8:00 P.M. CONTACT THE POT TO ENTER @ 204-268-8318
- DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY - BEAUSEJOUR HOTEL - 8:00 P.M. TILL CLOSING
SATURDAY, MARCH 1, 2014:
- CPTC RACES - HOT LAPS AT 9:00 A.M., RACING AT 11:00 A.M.
- A NIGHT TO REMEMBER FEATURING MUSIC, TRICYCLE RACES, BULL RIDING, KENNEL QUEEN CONTEST AND OTHER COMPETITIONS - REC HALL - 8:00 P.M. - TICKETS: $10 ADVANCE OR $12 AT THE DOOR. AVAILABLE IN BEAUSEJOUR AT PHARMASAVE, CROSSTOWN CONVENIENCE, SOBETSKI ENTERPRISES, CO-OP GAS BAR AND SUNOVA CREDIT UNION
SUNDAY, MARCH 2, 2014:
- 52ND ANNUAL CANADIAN POWER TOBOGGAN CHAMPIONSHIPS - HOT LAPS AT 9:00 A.M., RACING AT 11:00 A.M.
- AWARDS BANQUET - REC HALL - 5:30 P.M. - FREE ADMISSION - HOT MEAL SERVED $$